As I close down 2013 with gratitude and giving, I’m looking ahead to what I would like for my coaching business, MoomawPEP, in the next year. With the help of a coaching colleague (thanks, Graham), here’s a list of questions to help me evaluate and reflect on this past year and also mindfully prepare for next year, all while keeping an eye on my three year vision for MoomawPEP. I’d love to hear your thoughts on questions I should add to my list to help me prepare my business for 2014. What questions do you ask of your business or organization at the end of the calendar year?
End-of-Year Coaching Reflections on the Past Year (“Past Year” = 2013)
- List up to five business accomplishments this past year.
- List up to three new tools added to your coaching toolkit this past year.
- Reflect on your revenue expectations for this past year. Compare your actual revenue to your expected revenue. What does this delta in value say about your business?
- How is your money story* reflected in your actual revenue results? (*money story is the story of your relationship with money from childhood to the present.)
- How much did you spend on new learnings?
- How was your time divided between competing commitments in your business this past year? Consulting, training, coaching, etc.
- Who was your ideal client this past year?
- What commonalities exist between your actual clients and how are they similar/different from your ideal client?
- What did your business offer your clients this past year?
- What client mix did your business have this past year? (private, corporate, non-profit etc.)
- What are the five most important steps you took to expand your professional network this year?
- Who are the five most promising new connections you made this year?
- What happened this past year that gave you the most satisfaction?
Strategic Preparations for the Upcoming Year (“Upcoming Year” = 2014)
- List up to five potential business goals for the upcoming year.
- List up to three potential learning areas that you would like to add to your coaching toolkit in the upcoming year.
- What are your revenue goals for the upcoming year? How do they compare to this past year?
- How is your money story* reflected in your revenue expectations? (*money story is the story of your relationship with money from childhood to the present.)
- How much will you spend on new learnings?
- How would you like to spend your time in your business this upcoming year? Consulting, training, coaching, Leadership Development etc.
- What will you need to change and reach this goal?
- Who is your ideal client?
- How has this ideal client changed from this past year?
- What will your business offer clients this year?
- What will you need to do change and reach this goal?
- What’s your ideal client mix for your business this upcoming year?
- What are five potential venues or approaches to expanding your network in the new year?
- What are five fields, or who are five specific people, you most want to expand your network toward in the new year?
- What is your greatest hope for the upcoming year?
- Where do you see your business headed in three years?
- Envision your business three years from now in December of 2016. Where do you see your business? Who is your clientele? What are you wearing? Who are you with? Where are you living?